Thursday, April 2, 2009

crybaby

I cried when I was I born (who did not?!?).
I cried when I was (I think) 3 or 4 yrs old. It was a weekday, we attended a mass, I reasoned out that I have a toothache when they asked me why I’m crying, but the truth is I really want to go with my mother to the school.
I cried because of those “pilitan” times to practice reading before I started going to school.
I cried because of the not so many instances that I was whipped of that thick bamboo stick.
I cried because of the almost every week haircut session since I am keeping living entities on my head.
I cried because of the numerous “suyod” sessions with matching pulling of hair in relation to those living entities.
I cried when my mother did not go with me one time to wait for my “sundo” when I was in kinder. She just asked her student to go with me.
I cried when my kinder teacher pulled me out of the tango practice because I wasn’t able to follow the dance steps.
I cried when I can’t find my “gallon”. My classmate hid it at the back of the board, when I went out for lunch.
I cried when two older students pinched my cheeks. I was too chubby back then (look at my profile pic) and they got threatened by my cheeks.
I cried when I was in Grade 2, I was voted as the Sergeant-at-arms of our class, whenever the teacher is out of the classroom, my task is to list all the names of the noisy; my classmates are so noisy and so I put their names on my list, but they got angry at me.
I cried when the situation was reversed, I was the one listed as noisy and we have to pay one peso for our name to be erased from the list.
I cried when my cousins asked me to return the “makunat” Mr. Chips to the store, I don’t want to go because I am ashamed to return them. I was in my Ninang’s house then for a Christmas vacation.
I cried when Mamay (grandfather) died, I was in Grade 4.
I cried when my mother got mad and did not talk to me for a couple of days because I was “kicked-out” from the honor’s roll in Grade 5.
I cried when my uncle died.
I cried when I was in 2nd year high school, because I can’t answer my take home Math problems.
I cried (many of us cried) because of some things that happened in (high) school concerning our math teacher.
I cried months before high school graduation because I don’t know where to get a typewriter, which I will use for my term paper (ironically, the final draft was computerized).
I cried on our summer outing after graduation, R.H.E.A.S. is “fractured”.
I cried when Nanay (grandmother) died.
I cried when Sir Velandres died.
I cried when I had that vertigo; I don’t know what to do, I often felt helpless and weak.
I cried after I underwent biopsy in PGH-BCC.
I cried when I got a grade of 4 twice.

***************

My longest crying season was the summer vacation before I went to college. A river could have been formed if only I had collected those tears.

***************

I cry whenever I am stressed out or exhausted, or having problems with the articles and the journal, or if I am encountering economic crisis. Crying is a therapy to me; I just cry and cry and cry then stop; take a deep breathe then everything is over, cheer up! It’s true that: “Sometimes our visions seem clearer after our eyes are washed with tears.”

1 comment:

everything in between said...

correct! just cry your heart out everytime you feel the need :-) it helps. i should know too haha!